Ellen K (the K stands for Kitchen!) is always on a mission to spread joy through her delectable recipes. But when Memorial Day rolls around, her kitchen produces a full on cook out! Ellen's passion for fresh ingredients, sizzling grills, and even the latest air-frying techniques takes center stage during this epic weekend. From tantalizing BBQ ribs to zesty grilled veggies and crispy air-fried treats, Ellen's Memorial Day creations are a gastronomic adventure that will make your taste buds dance with delight. So get ready to fire up the grill, grab those tongs, and embark on a culinary journey with Ellen's fantastic recipes.
Here are 21 recipes to try for your Memorial Day weekend cookout:
- Classic Cheeseburgers: Juicy beef patties topped with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken: Tender chicken marinated in a tangy barbecue sauce and grilled to perfection.
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers: Succulent shrimp marinated in garlic, lemon, and herbs, threaded onto skewers and grilled to a smoky char.
- BBQ Ribs: Slow-cooked and glazed with a finger-licking barbecue sauce until they're fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: Sweet corn brushed with butter and grilled until slightly charred for a delicious smoky flavor.
- Caprese Skewers: Skewers with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, and basil leaves, drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Watermelon Feta Salad: Refreshing combination of juicy watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, mint, and a tangy vinaigrette.
- Grilled Veggie Kebabs: Colorful assortment of marinated vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions, grilled to perfection.
- Classic Potato Salad: Creamy and tangy potato salad with boiled potatoes, mayo, mustard, and a medley of spices.
- Coleslaw: Crisp and crunchy coleslaw with shredded cabbage, carrots, and a creamy dressing.
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa: Sweet and tangy salsa with grilled pineapple, diced tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Grilled Portobello Burgers: Marinated portobello mushroom caps grilled and served as a meaty, vegetarian burger alternative.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Slow-cooked and tender pulled pork smothered in barbecue sauce, served on a soft bun.
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad: Flavorful pasta salad with olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, and a zesty dressing.
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken: Chicken marinated in a mixture of lemon, herbs, and garlic, then grilled to juicy perfection.
- Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Dill Sauce: Grilled salmon fillets topped with a creamy and tangy lemon-dill sauce.
- BBQ Beef Skewers: Tender beef cubes marinated in a savory barbecue sauce and skewered with colorful vegetables.
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan: Fresh asparagus spears grilled until tender and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Berry Spinach Salad: A refreshing blend of baby spinach, mixed berries, feta cheese, and a tangy vinaigrette.
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream: Ripe peaches grilled until caramelized, served with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Patriotic Fruit Salad: A vibrant mix of red and blue fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon, perfect for a patriotic touch.
- A quick and easy recipe for a Memorial Day berry pie:
- 2 pre-made pie crusts (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional, for sprinkling)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Gently toss until the berries are coated with the mixture.
- Line a pie dish with one of the pre-made pie crusts.
- Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Cover the pie with the second pre-made pie crust. You can create a lattice design or simply place it as a full crust on top. Crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- Brush the top crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. This will give the pie a golden and slightly sweet crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Serve your Memorial Day berry pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious and festive treat. Enjoy!